1. This Belgian stew, which translates as "watery mess" has a base of egg yolk and cream thickened broth. A. Waterloo B. Waterzooi C. Waderfinnen D. Wateryam
2. Chinese 1000 year old eggs are typically preserved for: A. 1000 years B. 100 years C. A few weeks to a few months D. Never more than 3 days to 4 days.
3. The Asian egg snack balut is unusual because: A. It is made from snake eggs B. Filipino law prohibits this from being eaten on public transportation (due to the smell) C. It contains a nearly developed bird fetus D. It is made with termite eggs
4. Which of these is my favorite Greek soup that I can never eat in Greek restaurants because it contains egg yolks, to which I am allergic? (hint: only one of these is a Greek soup) A. lemon chicken B. koprova C. kolache D. zelna
5. Which of these is a popular Korean dish served with a raw or fried egg on top? A. kimchee B. bulgogi C. banchan D. bibimbap
6. The Egg McMuffin was invented in what year? A. 1958 B. 1969 C. 1972 D. 1978
7. Which of these is a German egg noodle? A. spaetzle B. gnocchi C. brochen D. schnitzel
8. A Bolivian dish topped with sliced hard boiled egg: A. lomo montado B. culo de suegra C. ceviche D. pique a lo macho
1. b 2. c 3. c 4. a 5.d 6.c 7. a 8. d
Disclaimer: Much of the information for this quiz was obtained from Wikipedia, or even less accurate websites.
Thanks for playing!