Monday, April 27, 2009

As Requested....




This is the garbage statue of which I spoke in the last post. Its official name was Big Bil-Bored. It was created in 1980 and I would like to say that I don't think I ever met anyone that said they liked it. The statue, is made up of old crap, like used toasters and fans, encased in cement. In the end--1993 being the end-- the craptacular statue was torn down not for being an eye sore and an embarrassment, but for being an environmental hazard. It seems the appliances were rusting and rust water was draining off into the community.

Click here for a color, interactive image that allows you to zoom in. Have fun! You'll find yourself saying things like "Is that a ...plunger??? "

You can see some of the other art objects that were in this shopping plaza, such as my personal favorite, the Pinto Pelt, here.

No comments: