Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Appologizing in Advance to the Black Crow Restaurant, Beatrice Nebraska

Black Crow Restaurant,
Beatrice Nebraska

I was thrilled to learn that, thanks to Maxim magazine, the bar has been lowered to a manageable level for all of us overworked reviewers who really don't have the time to actually sample all the products we are reviewing. (If you aren't sure to what I am referring, read this article for a nice summary.)

Eager to try out this new concept, I chose, in honor of Maxim's review system, the Black Crow restaurant in Beatrice Nebraska. I've never been there, and except for a brief drive-thru on my way to Colorado, haven't spent much time in any part of Nebraska, let alone Beatrice and it's dining establishments. Now, I'm not even sure if this restaurant is still open. I feel it would cheating to do any type of research such as looking in the online phone directory, although I did find some guy's blog that provides a picture of the place, that for the life of me I can't seem to find again. So based on my recollection of that guy's photo I am going to make an educated guess and say that service is very good except for one person that works on Wednesdays who is sort of slow and usually has to cheat by looking at the board for the daily specials rather than memorize them. I will also guess that the eggs are good there. Get the eggs. The bathrooms are usually very clean but they need a better quality of hand soap that moisturizes as well as kills germs.

This is harder than it looks and I think that Maxim guy deserves credit. It's much easier to just go to the damn place and then write about it than making an educated guess. I am just going to have to cheat and look at someone else's review. Bill and Lori Schenk write on the Chef Moz site that it reminded them of being in Paris. I have never been to Paris either, so I will probably be reviewing that next. I see that pretty much everyone on that site is giving the restaurant four to five stars. I would also give it five stars, but I feel the need to take off points for the poor quality hand soap in the bathroom.

Dineometer rating: 70%

No comments: