Saturday, December 22, 2007

Damn the Food Network!

Paradise Pup
Des Plaines Illinois


Dammit! Thanks to the Food Network and that Guy guy, I will now have to wait 2 hours instead of one to get a good hotdog or burger at what I thought was my secret little spot on my way to O'Hare. The food network recently profiled this place on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. And for good reason. Even before being outed by the Food Network, the place was extremely popular with the locals. I noticed it while driving past on an otherwise quiet Saturday and noticed the line running out the door and around the side of the building. Of course I had to stop. The locals said that the line was actually short by comparison to the usual weekday lunch line. I was impressed by the cooks, who, unfazed by the long line, continued to systematically take and prepare each order with care and precision. Customers squeezed past each other to get in and out of this tiny little place. There were a few seats inside and tables outside but you probably won't find an empty one, and , like me, will have to eat in your car. One interesting note: outside while in line, a man was performing card tricks but stopped when he saw me take his picture (hm...)

http://www.dineometer.com/browse_reviews.php

No comments: